Saturday, March 16, 2013

Family Council


We are asked to have a family council at least once a week with our spouse and/or children. 

The council process is:

·         Council in a group

·         Speak openly

·         Be frank with each other

·         Come to a consensus after a discussion

·         Align our will with Heavenly Fathers

·         Express love and appreciation

I like how Elder Ballard put it “There has never been a time when the world was in greater need of the strength and security that are best sown and cultivated in the deep, fertile soil of family love.  Successful families have a wide assortment of tools, and one of the most useful tools is family council.”

The concept of family council strengthening the family and bringing them closer together has remained true in my life.  Although my family and I do not council every week we would do it at least once or twice a month.   There are times when it is only my parents and I or the entire family all together around the table, but every time we do family council I feel closer to my family and a stronger bond with each one of my siblings and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment